ISET-Nepal has been providing research grant to Masters level students from different universities, since 2009, to enhance skills and capacity of the young researchers as well as help them produce high quality research outputs. Proposals are selected on the quality of the proposals submitted. Proposals are evaluated on the basis of research quality: research relevance, clarity in methodology, practicability and scientific/social importance.
- Climate change and adaptation (can focus on community based adaptation /ecosystem based adaptation/ indigenous knowledge and technology)
- Food security
- Water (governance /water problems and management/ watershed management/ groundwater issues/ irrigation)
- Disaster risk management
- Forest resource assessment/management
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- Poverty and livelihood
- Must have cleared first year of Masters level
- Should be studying in Nepali University.
- Hold Nepali citizenship.
- Proposed research site should be within Nepal.
The grant will be provided in three instalments.
- After the approval of proposal and research plan (30%).
- After completion of field visit and submission of final report (30%).
- After presentation and submission of copy of thesis to ISET-Nepal (40%).
The proposal should be no more than 8-10 pages and should be in Times New Roman font with single spacing and font size of 12. It should include the following information.
- Literature review
- Problem statement
- Research questions
- Project-general and specific objectives
- Research methodology
- Site description
- Data collection methods
- Statistical analyses (if any)
- Models to be used (if any)
- Expected results
- Budget breakdown along with justification on the use of budget
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of the student with detailed contact address and phone number
- An official approval letter of Head of Department or Supervisor from respective department or college with a valid authorized signature
- Digital copy of student’s identity card
- Submission of detailed research proposal
- Submission of final report
- Submission of thesis
Please mail the proposal along with the scanned copies of mentioned official documents to the following email addresses. These documents can be in form of JPEG, pdf or word format.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please CC to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +977-1-4440854, 4426728 Website: www.isetnepal.org.np
Short listed candidates will be called for presentation and final candidates will be selected on competitive basis. The applicants will be notified via email.